Introductory Weaving Workshop - private event hosted by Coco October 21, 2019
Join Mary Anne Donovan, the House of Woolly Thyme weaver, for an afternoon of craft and creativity. In this 5 hour workshop, you will learn to create a one of a kind handwoven wall tapestry, introducing you to the wonderful world of modern weaving.
All materials will be provided, including an array of natural fibres in beautiful colour tones and textures. At the end of the class, you will have a completed tapestry to add to your home and have a good grasp of this meditative and expressive craft.
Topics covered in this class include:
- colour and design choices
- mixing textures and fibres
- warping your loom
- weaving stitches (tabby weaving, rya knots, soumak and hemstitch finishing)
- tension control
- creating basic shapes and forms
- finishing your weaving for display
No previous weaving experience is necessary.
Date: Monday, October 21, 2019
Time: 1 pm to 6 pm
Location: Contact Coco for workshop venue